Tipperary County Council
Privacy Notice for the N24 Cahir to Limerick Junction Project.
This Privacy Notice is issued by Tipperary County Council of Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary. E91 N512 (“TCC”, “we”,“us”, “our”).
The N24 Cahir to Limerick Junction Project (“Project”) involves a study to cater for travel demand along the N24 corridor within the project extents. The Project is being undertaken by TCC on its own behalf and on behalf of Limerick City and County Council. The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the data relating to you that we may collect and use in connection with the Project and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) we may make of such data.
If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to access TCC’s privacy statement, this can be found on the website https://www.tipperarycoco.ie/your-council/privacy-statement.
Personal Data that we Collect and Process
We will collect and process personal data relating to you that you or other people provide to us in connection with the Project. We will also collect and process personal data relating to you from publicly available sources such as the Land Registry and the Registry of Deeds.
This personal data may include:
- your name and contact details, including your address, phone number and email address
- your interest in any land and/or rights proposed that may have to be acquired, public and private rights of way proposed to be acquired/extinguished and planning permissions for the development of land proposed to be revoked or modified (the “Property”) (e.g. owner, reputed owner, occupier, reputed occupier etc.)
- details of the land and or/rights proposed to be compulsorily acquired including, for example, spatial location and folio number (where applicable)
- where applicable, details of any lease or any other interest in property
- information concerning you or family member’s physical or mental health, if and to the extent you provide this to us of your own accord
- information concerning your financial circumstances
- any other personal data relating to you that you provide to us or that we generate about you in connection with the Project
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis
We will use personal data relating to you for the purposes of:
- compiling the Schedules for Road Projects devised as part of the Project
- creating a database of property owners, tenancies, property details and correspondence with owners and/or tenants
- compulsorily acquiring the Property
- corresponding with you in relation the Property
- where applicable, calculating and making payments in respect of the Property
- establishing, exercising or defending legal claims
- performing our functions as a public authority and complying with our legal obligations. The legal bases on which we process your personal data are:
- that this is necessary for the performance of our functions that we carry out in the public interest and the exercise of official authority vested in us by law, including the Roads Act 1993, as amended, and the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended
- that this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that applies to us
- in circumstances where a Property will be effected by a contract, for the performance of our contract with you
Recipients of Data
We may disclose your personal data to other organisations in connection with the above purposes, including:
- statutory agencies, where required or permitted by law as part of the statutory planning process
- outsourced property referencing providers
- other third parties who we engage to provide services to us, such as outsourced service providers, IT services providers, professional advisers and auditors
- other public authorities and bodies where required or permitted by law, such as An Garda Síochána, for the purposes of the prevention, investigation or detection of crime
- members of the public where we are required to make information publicly available under applicable law
Security of your personal data
The personal data which you provide to us will be processed using the appropriate security measures to prevent the unlawful or unauthorized processing of person data, and the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data. We limit access to your personal data to employees who are required to have access to your personal data and permitted to process this data.
We will not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary. We retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes described in this Notice, or to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise between you and us.
Requirement to Provide Data
You are not under a statutory obligation to provide us with personal data in relation to a proposed compulsory acquisition for the purposes of the Project. However, there are some pieces of information that you must provide to us so that we can comply with our obligations for your benefit in connection with a proposed compulsory acquisition, such as your name, contact details and details of your interest in a Property.
Where a proposed compulsory acquisition has taken place, you are under a contractual obligation to provide us with certain personal data. If you do not provide us with this personal data, you will be in breach of your contractual obligations and we may have such legal rights and remedies against you as are available under applicable law.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data (erasure is not available where an appeal has been determined)
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data
- where our processing is based on contract, the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
We may occasionally update this policy. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices at www.n24cahirlimerick.ie
If you are not happy with the way we are using your personal data or how we facilitate your rights or comply with our obligations under applicable data protection law, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission emailing firstname.lastname@example.org